Who doesn’t love a few good appetizers ahead of the big meal on Thanksgiving?
I love snacking before the feast. I usually don’t eat breakfast on Thanksgiving Day so I can save up my energy for all the food later in the day.
My family always set out a cheese plate and a few other appetizers before the turkey was ready. One of my favorites is pinwheels.
I’ve made several pinwheels over the years that I love. Ham & cream cheese, southwestern chicken, chicken and cranberry, veggie—they are all good in my book.
But these pinwheels may take the cake.
These are so addictive, you could eat a half dozen and not even realize it.
They’re simple and made with simple, classic ingredients. It’s almost like a spinach dip rolled up into a tortilla!
If you don’t have time to whip these up today (don’t worry, this is a little late) make sure to save this recipe for Christmas parties you have planned. You can even print the recipe card below!
Spinach & Bacon Pinwheels
A classic party treat with spinach, bacon and ranch.
- Thaw spinach in the microwave. Using paper towels, dab water off spinach until it is dry.
- In a large bowl, mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, ranch dressing and onions. Stir in spinach and bacon until well combined.
- Spread spinach mixture, about 1/4 cup on each tortilla, leaving 1/4″ space around the outer edge of the tortilla. Tightly roll up tortilla.
- Freeze tortillas rollups for 5-10 minutes. This ensures easier cutting.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, cut tortillas into 1″ pinwheels. Serve.