Hello all! It’s been a whirlwind last few weeks. I found myself up at the station working 12 hour days for nearly 8 days straight last week. I was only sleeping and working–nothing in between.
Along with my super-heavy workload right now, we’re also in the process of buying a house. Yes, a house! I’m so ready to ditch apartment living and move into something that can spark my creativity. I’m ready to be cozy, decorate, and have more room and windows. And yes, I’m looking for a house with a LEGIT kitchen.
That explains my brief hiatus from my true passion: cooking and blogging.
I’m backed up on recipes like no other right now. There’s a few here that I cooked WEEKS ago, and a few that I managed to find time to cook over the weekend. While I was looking through my picture hoard, I found pictures of these wraps and had to do a double-take; I didn’t even remember cooking or eating these wraps. I guess stress can cause memory loss, huh?
I finally realized what I did with these wraps and how I made them (it did take several minutes to come around to that, though) and am ready to share them with you. I do remember snacking on these wraps for a few hot afternoons when work was slow a few weeks ago.
These wraps are refreshing and filling. I made a quick peanut dipping sauce to serve with them, but they’re just as tasty without it.
The best part of these wraps: stuff them with what makes you happy! I went with red cabbage, mango, red bell pepper, edamame (you know my obsession with that stuff lately), chow mein noodles, snow peas, cucumber, five-spice spiced chicken, cilantro and mint. I bet these would also be good with carrot slices, avocado, and romaine lettuce.
Chicken & Mango Rainbow Wraps
Fruity, fresh and chock full of veggies, these wraps are perfect for a hot summer day.
- 2 cups fully cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 2 cups frozen or fresh mango, diced
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup snow or sugar snap peas
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- Fresh cilantro and mint, to taste
- Tortillas or wraps
For the peanut dipping sauce:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 TBS. Sriracha
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- Build your wraps: take a tortilla or wrap and layer with chicken, mango, pepper, cucumber, snow peas, edamame, chow mein, red cabbage and fresh herbs. Turn up ends and then roll up tightly. Cut in half and serve with peanut dipping sauce.
- Make the peanut dipping sauce: whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, Sriracha and rice vinegar. Serve with wraps.
3 thoughts on “Chicken & Mango Rainbow Wraps”
I would probably eat the entire wrap and then swipe my fingers through the dish and finish the sauce. 😋🌿
I’m not going to lie…I ABSOLUTELY did that!
Great minds think alike. lol 🤣