In honor of fall, I propose a toast: To all things with fall flavor, we shall eat as much squash & pumpkin as possible this month! Cheers!
I do hereby delegate the month of September as Squash September. So load up your grocery cart with crooknecks, spaghetti, butternut, acorn, pattypans & all the sugar pumpkins you can get your hands on. Gourds for one, or gourds for all…the possibilities are endless.
For our first entry in #SquashSeptember, we will delve into a light & airy dessert made with the famous Libby’s pure pumpkin purée. I don’t dare try to make my own pumpkin purée, it’s too insanely difficult. Libby’s works juuuust fine.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup Libby’s pure pumpkin purée
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed ginger snaps, plus more for topping
- 2 TBS. melted butter
- In food processor, beat cream cheese, caramel sauce, pumpkin purée and pumpkin pie spice together until smooth. Transfer to large bowl.
- In large metal bowl, beat cream and sugar with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Mix 1/2 cup crushed ginger snaps with melted butter. Line bottom of small cups (like creme brûlée cups) with gingersnap mixture, pressing down to form a “crust”. Spoon pumpkin pudding over the gingersnaps, drizzle with caramel & top with extra crushed gingersnaps.