So…I was nominated for an award. For my blogging.
I can’t believe it! After spending nearly three years in this little cooking corner of the world wide web, I have some sort of recognition. I can’t thank Kristy over at Palatable Adventures enough for this honor. She has amazing blogging prowess, takes beautiful pictures, and posts lovely recipes—so check out her blog ASAP. She had me hooked at her post about stuffed bell peppers. Plus, she’s from Texas (and an Aggies fan, Gig ’em!) and Texans know how to cook!
Now, I also have to nominate five bloggers for the Creative Blogger Award, which is a tough task because there are so many AMAZINGLY creative bloggers out there…but here it goes:
- What’s For Dinner Moms? This blog probably contains the most enticing recipes I’ve ever run across. Almost everything she posts looks like something I would want to make! I’ve got this recipe in my back pocket and much, much more.
- A Hundred Years Ago Sheryl posts recipes, housecleaning tips, and advertisements…all from 100 years ago. Her blog is such an interesting look back in time to how we used to live.
- Pam’s Tactical Kitchen Of COURSE I had to nominate Pam. Her blog has an emphasis on homesteading/yard-to-table recipes and she makes some of the most interesting recipes I’ve ever seen.
- Letters to Dutch Lindsay has just the sweetest blog; it’s set like a memory book for her son. She has fantastic recipes, DIY tips & tricks, and shares tips on how to be a creative parent. I love her lists…especially this list on how to preserve memories of your children.
- My Kitchen My Thoughts I feel like Nancy and I are kindred spirits. She guides you so well through wonderful recipes and makes everything look so easy—like this beef bourguignonne recipe.
Five Facts About Me:
- The first thing I learned to cook was bacon, egg and cheese toaster sandwiches. The eggs were scrambled!
- Before working in TV, I cooked at a diner for two years (while I was in High School!)
- I graduated cum laude with a Bachelor’s of Arts from Midwestern State University.
- I consider celery my archnemesis. I won’t cook with it unless it is finely diced in a stuffing or in a sofrito base for a Bolognese.
- I’ve shaken the hands of two presidents: Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.
Again, I am so honored to recognized for this award! I just got back from a week long vacation in Topeka/Lawrence/Kansas City, so that has where I have been the last week. Stay tuned for some AWESOME recipes this week, though!
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Share five facts about yourself.
- Nominate five bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
5 thoughts on “Creative Blogger Award”
Coleen, I can’t thank you enough for nominating me for this award, I look forward to posting about it in the next few days! I’m so glad Letters To Dutch has brought value to you. And your recipes are outstanding, I am dying to try your sausage breakfast casserole! Thanks again, friend! xoxo Lindsay
You’re so sweet to nominate me. I’m speechless.
Congrats on your award 🙂 Nice to get to know you a little more 🙂
I was so happy to nominate you for this. I love all your photos. You have so many wonderful recipes and they all look delicious! I think your website is deserving of many awards!! I always enjoy what you share and ready to see what’s next! 🙂
Congratulations on the award! You have a beautiful site and some really wonderful recipes. Can’t wait to read more 🙂