My team is in the Super Bowl…again.
Last time it didn’t go so well.
I’ve been a nervous wreck for the past two weeks. I just want the Broncos to win a Super Bowl so bad.
Since my mind has been on the big game, I couldn’t decide what appetizers to make for Sunday, so I just chose a whole bunch of things.
…and my menu turned out to be an Asian twist on game day classics. I’ve also been watching far too many Tasty videos. Here’s the menu:
- Korean Pork Belly Nachos
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers
- Egg Roll Mozzarella Sticks
- Corn & Jalapeno Dip
I didn’t really need to add anything else to that list, but I really wanted to bake something sweet. I found the perfect recipe for these delectable cookies. I always forget Andes mints exist, they’re sooooo good!
I can’t believe how well these cookies came out. I’m an atrocious baker, but these cookies were round, soft, and had the most dreamy texture.
Please forgive my baking sheets. I need to get some new ones…
Double Chocolate Andes Cookies
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup lightly packed golden brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Andes mints
2. In large bowl, cream butter and sugars together with a spoon. You can use a hand mixer at first to break up the sugar, but a spoon is going to be your best utensil for the actual creaming part. Cream unt fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, peppermint extract and vanilla extract to butter mixture. Mix well.
4. Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips & Andes mints.
5. Roll the dough into 1.5″ balls & place them on prepped baking sheet, keeping cookies about 2″ apart. Using two fingers, press the cookies down to about 1″ thickness.
6. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cookies are no longer glossy. Let cookies cool on wire rack.
Taste: Well, minty, of course! But Andes mint flavor, not just regular old mint. It’s a creamy mint flavor. These cookies also ooze chocolate, and have this soft, brownie-like texture.
Versatility: Just don’t. Don’t change anything. Again, baking is an exact science.
End Score: A++++++++. I was so excited by how these turned out. One word: perfection!