Happy 1st Day of Spring!
I guess that’s a thing now. Oh, yay, the revelry! Let’s celebrate by eating fresh green things again!
I ate cookie butter. By the pint. Not really, but I can put down quite a few spoonfuls of the creamy spice-cookie mix.
More like…dreaming about them.
Cookie Butter Cake Bars
- 1 box yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup creamy Cookie Butter (Biscoff or Trader Joe’s)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup cookie butter
2. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray. Press dough into bottom of pan. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool.
3. Make the icing: in small saucepan, combine remaining 1/2 cup cookie butter and sweetened condensed milk. Cook over low heat until well combined, 5 minutes. Pour over cooled cake.