This weekend Rob & I will be breaking in our brand new grill.
I’ve probably prepared way too much food for the both of us, but oh well. This is a celebration! I haven’t grilled anything in years, so I’ve got to squeeze it all into one day: burgers, jalapeno poppers, corn on the cob…you name it, we’re grilling it.
I kept planning on making it, and then would end up making something else in its place, so I finally sat down and decided to whip it together.
Don’t know how to cut a mango? Use this tutorial. I’ve been cutting mangoes this way for years.
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup crema or sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 flour tortillas, warned
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cabbage, crema, salsa, corn and green pepper. Chill until serving.
3. Bake tortillas in preheated oven for 13-17 monte or until browned and crispy. Remove to cool.
4. Sprinkle garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper and lime juice over chicken. Heat 2 TBS. Olive oil in large skillet. Add chicken and cook, 5-10 minutes until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink.
Like my video I shot and edited on my iPhone? I’ll try and keep doing it for more recipes! I do shoot video for a living, so…
Flavor Profile: Sweet, crispy, spicy & tangy. This little bowl has all the good flavors vibing in it.
Skill Level: Easy to Medium. The bowl making takes patience & the mango cutting is a little difficult—but hopefully all of the video tutorials help even the most novice cook.
Versatility: Once you get the baked tortilla bowl making down, you can fill it with whatever your heart desires! Beef & bean, shrimp and cotija—I plan on making these again with different fillings very soon 😛
End Score: A+. Tasty twist on taco salad!