My holiday baking extravaganza has kicked into high gear.
I haven’t made any cookies yet, but I’ve made plenty of candies, muffins, and other dessert options.
I have two more weekends to bake all the best stuff, and I plan on making the most of it.
I made this cranberry muffin recipe on a whim the other day, and I’m so glad I made it. It’s a classic cranberry muffin, but it tastes so incredibly good.
The tartness of the cranberries, mixed with tart-and-sweet orange and
macadamia nuts, is a sublime mix of flavors.
I ate these muffins every day for breakfast for nearly a week. I highly recommend cutting them in half, toasting them in a pan, and then slathering them in butter. That’s my favorite way to eat reheated muffins!
Save this recipe for when family is in town for the holidays. I bet everyone will love it.
Cranberry Macadamia Nut Muffins
A simple cranberry muffin with macadamia nuts and orange.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, ginger, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Using two knives, cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly.
- Pour in orange juice and eggs. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Pour into paper-lined muffin tin and bake at 350 degrees until golden brown, about 25 minutes.