The Christmas season is slowly winding to a close. I’ve got a few recipes left that I’m trying to cram into the next few days before I run out of time.
I’ve got a few Christmas Eve snack night recipes to share, along with some more dessert recipes that are sure to hit the spot.
This is one of those simple candy treats that you can make in a flash and give to your neighbors and coworkers (I should know, because I did that!). Everyone seemed to like them, and I was pleasantly surprised with how they turned out.
One tip to watch out for here: make your peanut butter filling a little stiff. You don’t want it to just ooze out and everywhere when you sandwich it between two pretzels.
Another tip: use pretzel twists or square grids. Obviously, you don’t want to use pretzel sticks in this recipe–it would be impossible to sandwich the peanut butter in between two thin sticks.
If you’re running out of time to make some treats, this is the perfect recipe for you.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzels
A simple chocolatey treat that's festive and perfect for sharing.
- In a large bowl. stir together peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar, adding more powdered sugar to thicken up the peanut butter, if needed. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Melt chocolate according to package instructions.
- Place pretzels on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Spread a dollop of peanut butter onto each pretzel. Top with another pretzel, sandwiching the peanut butter.
- Using a spoon or your hands, dip half the peanut butter-pretzel sandwich into melted chocolate. Immediately add sprinkles to melted chocolate and return to parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.