One of my favorite types of cake is a black forest cake.
It’s a luscious chocolate cake with a rich cherry filling and it’s absolutely sublime.
Anytime I’m at a bakery and I spot a black forest cake I’ll ask for a slice. It’s the king of cakes, in my opinion.
Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon a black forest cookie recipe. There’s no cherry filling here, but there are plenty of chopped-up maraschino cherries. It’s a decadent chocolate-chocolate chip cookie mixed with cherries that’s perfect for the holiday treat season.
This recipe may even end up in my normal Christmas cookie baking repertoire with sugar cookies and My Man’s Cookies .
These cookies are a cinch to make. It’s a basic cookie dough recipe with chips and cherries folded in. You’ll be able to have cookies for Santa in no time if you make these!
Black Forest Cookies
A soft, chocolatey cookie with chocolate chips and cherries.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl (or stand mixer) cream together the butter and sugar until well combined. Add in the egg and vanilla and continue mixing until well incorporated.
- In a separate large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. In batches, gradually add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mix. Batter will be very thick!
- Fold in cherries and chocolate chips. Drop batter by the spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on a wire rack completely before serving. Best if served with cold milk.
3 thoughts on “Black Forest Cookies”
Santa’s gonna be a very happy guy. 🍒
Very happy! These are some awesome cookies!
Wow! these cookies are looking mouthwatering. I lost my senses after reading this blog. Thank you for sharing wonderful recipe with us. I saved this and definitely try this at my home. You are an magical cook!