You’re hustling and bustling and trying to get all of your Christmas shopping done before next Friday.
There’s a ton of work left to do: decorations, wrapping, planning the big feast.
Ain’t nobody got time to worry about what’s for breakfast, right?
My family always keeps it simple on Christmas morning. We usually prep a breakfast casserole on Christmas Eve and then pop it into the oven before we open presents. There’s other options for a simple Christmas breakfast, too: a board of pastries, festive overnight oats, or just starve until the big feast.
I present to you yet another option: mini breakfast pizzas!
Sure, they take a little bit more time and effort than all of the options mentioned above, but they are a great handheld breakfast to wolf down after exerting all of that energy unwrapping presents.
I adore breakfast pizza, and this one is a clear winner. You use gravy as the sauce then top with sausage, eggs and cheese. The dough is simple, too: just use English muffins!
I dare you to make these for Christmas morning. You will be pleasantly surprised with how they turn out.
Mini Breakfast Pizzas
Use English muffins as the base and gravy as the sauce for these delightful breakfast pizzas.
- 3-4 English muffins, split in half
- 1/2 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1 TBS. butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- salt & pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium high heat until browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a bowl.
- Melt butter in same skillet you cooked sausage in. Stir in flour and heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour in milk a little at a time, stirring constantly. Generously season with salt and pepper.
- Keep stirring gravy until it is thick and then remove from heat. Meanwhile, beat eggs with salt and pepper and cook in a separate greased skillet over medium heat until well scrambled.
- Toast English muffin halves lightly in a toaster.
- Turn your broiler on. Assemble your pizzas: spoon some gravy on top of an English muffin half. Top with eggs, sausage and a sprinkle of cheese. Repeat for each muffin half. You will have some gravy leftover.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve.
3 thoughts on “Mini Breakfast Pizzas”
I’m making this!!! 👀🍃
Great! I hope you like them!