I just impulse bought a new coffee pot.
It’s a Keurig cup + 12 cup carafe duo coffee maker. I had to have it and it came at a decent price.
You see, we’ve had our current coffee maker for the last year…maybe 2 years. I got it for $8 at Walmart because it was a return. It has served its purpose, but it was starting to really wear down on my nerves. Grounds were ending up in coffee on a daily basis, it was leaking from the bottom, and it always made less coffee than you anticipated.
So today I just snapped. I couldn’t take it anymore. I HAD to buy a new coffee maker.
The new one will get here on Wednesday and I will send my old one off into the ol’ blue yonder (that’s what I like to call my big blue trash can). Here’s to better mornings ahead…
Speaking of better mornings, I’ve been noshing on these orange chicken lettuce wraps for lunch over the last week. I guess lunchtime isn’t technically morning, but you catch my drift.
It’s like delicious orange chicken from takeout but in healthier form. I loved wrapping the chicken up in romaine lettuce leaves and adding some sesame seeds and sliced green onions on top. Serve two of these for lunch plus a side of seaweed salad, and you’ll be full for hours.
Orange Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Zesty orange chicken wrapped up in lettuce leaves. Just like takeout but healthier!
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 TBS. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. red chili pepper flakes
- 1 TBS. rice wine
- 2 TBS. water
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 TBS. soy sauce
- 1 TBS. sugar
- 2 TBS. rice wine vinegar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 TBS water + 1 TBS. cornstarch, for a slurry
- Cooked brown rice
- Romaine lettuce leaves, for serving
- Green onions and sesame seeds, for topping
- In a small bowl, stir together rice wine, 2 TBS. water, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar and orange zest.
- Make a cornstarch slurry using 1 tablespoon water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large pan or wok, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned. Stir in ginger, red chili pepper flakes, and garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the orange sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in cornstarch slurry and cook for a few seconds, stirring until it thickens.
- Remove pan from heat and build your lettuce wraps. Top romaine leaves with a spoonful of brown rice. Add a few spoonfuls of chicken and then top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.