Meatballs are a real treat, but a real pain to make.
You’ve got to get your hands dirty to mix everything together. You get them dirty again by rolling them up into balls. Then you’ve got the extraordinary task of cooking them—are you going to fry or bake them? Will they be cooked through and cooked evenly? How do you keep the ball shape?
These meatballs will make your life a lot easier. I’m sorry, there’s no getting around the mixing-with-your-hands part. You’ll just have to do it and then rigorously wash your hands. The cooking part of this recipe is the easiest.
The secret: use a parchment-paper lined baking sheet to bake the meatballs. No extra mess, no fuss. When you’re done, just wad up that parchment paper and toss it into the garbage bin. Most of the time you won’t even have to wash the baking sheet!
You do need a meat thermometer, though, especially since these are turkey meatballs instead of beef meatballs. You want the internal temperature to be at least 165 degrees. It might be difficult because some ovens heat unevenly. If you have a convection oven, you should have no problems with heating the meatballs evenly. If you have a conventional oven, your cooking time might differ from mine.
Honey Garlic Turkey Meatballs
Flavorful meatballs that are quick to put together and easy to cook.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. paprika
- salt & pepper
- 3 TBS. honey
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine turkey, garlic, egg, panko, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix to combine with your hands.
- Form meat mixture into 8-9 meatballs. Place meatballs on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and apple cider vinegar. Brush on top of meatballs and then bake them for another 3-4 minutes.
One thought on “Honey Garlic Turkey Meatballs”
Looks delicious, so it was worth the time and effort. 😋🌿