Since we’ve gotten a Costco membership, I’ve been shopping there once a month for meat.
We buy meat is BULK. I get a big thing of chicken that will last me all month, ground turkey, shrimp, sausage, bacon–you name it. I’ve been trying to cut down on my grocery shopping trips and Costco is the best solution for that.
More Costco trips also means more times I have to get creative with my chicken. This recipe was born out of a need to do something quick, easy, and with ingredients I had on hand. My Sriracha bottle is almost empty, but that doesn’t mean I can’t make a good & spicy chicken.
This sauce is absolutely to die for. I’ll make honey-Sriracha from now on if I can. It’s almost drinkable it is so good. The chicken is good, too, but the sauce is really the star here.
You can lower the heat if you want by skimping on the Sriracha or red pepper flakes. My family tends to like things spicy, so we go hard on the spice level.
When it comes to the chicken, make sure you line your baking sheet with something like parchment paper so you have easy cleanup (and so your breaded chicken doesn’t stick to the pan).
Honey Sriracha Chicken
Easy oven-fried chicken tossed in a luscious honey Sriracha sauce.
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cubed
- 1 egg
- 3 TBS. Sriracha
- 1 TBS. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 TBS. water
- 2 TBS. honey
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set up your dredging station: in a small bowl, whisk together egg with 1 tablespoon Sriracha. In another small bowl, combine flour with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika. Finally, in another small bowl, pour in breadcrumbs.
- Dip chicken in flour, then egg mixture, then roll in breadcrumbs. Place pieces on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce, honey, remaining Sriracha, water and crushed red pepper. Cook until sauce thickens, stirring constantly. You may have to double sauce depending on how much chicken you use.
- When chicken is done, add to a large bowl. Drizzle with honey-Sriracha mixture and toss to coat. Serve.
2 thoughts on “Honey Sriracha Chicken”
Pour it on! 🍃🌶