With how hot it’s been this summer, I became addicted to one specific type of salad: cheeseburger salad.
It’s literally all the ingredients of a juicy cheeseburger just chopped up into salad form. It’s a refreshing way to get through the dog days of summer, and it doesn’t weigh you down with carbs like if you had eaten an actual burger.
Because of my cheeseburger salad obsession, I perfected the art of making Big Mac sauce. It’s incredibly simple, and it’s a great “dressing” to put on a salad.
I was craving the Big Mac sauce but didn’t want a salad the other night, so I made this “sloppy Joe” version of the classic burger. It tastes everything like the McDonald’s fave, and the Big Mac sauce is truly out of this world.
Why run by Mickey D’s when you can make everything at home?? This Sloppy Joe mimics all the flavors of the Big Mac and is fun to make and serve.
As the name suggest, it is SLOPPY, so I recommend having plenty of napkins handy.
Big Mac Sloppy Joe's
A classic McDonald's cheeseburger in sloppy Joe form.
- In a large pan over medium high heat, brown ground meat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add onion and continue cooking until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and then add Worcestershire sauce.
- Meanwhile, make the Big Mac sauce: in a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, French dressing, onion powder, vinegar and relish. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the Big Mac sauce into the meat mixture. Add the chopped pickles to meat mixture. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Make the sloppy Joe’s: Start with a bun and spread Big Mac Sauce on both sides. Top with lettuce, cheese and meat mixture. You can add a third bun if desired.