Hear me out: pumpkin spice rice krispie treats.
Sounds incredible, doesn’t it?!
It absolutely IS incredible.
These treats are so easy to make, too. Rice krispies don’t take a lot of effort, and adding the extra pumpkin spice flavor doesn’t take much effort either.
Honestly, I don’t know why these haven’t existed in my life before. They’re so good, and such a nice treat for fall.
Here’s a pro-tip, though: keep them in an air tight container, or a sealed ziploc bag. These treats can go stale QUICKLY! In the time it took for me to take them to work the other day, they had staled up. That’s because I transported them in a bowl with loose fitting foil on top. Oops.
Even stale, they’re still delicious…but they’re at peak goodness when they are extra crispy.
You might also want to use the name brand rice krispies for this–the off-brand didn’t hold up together as well.
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
A classic rice krispie treat with a fall twist.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in marshmallows and melt.
- Stir pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice into melted marshmallows. Mixture should remain thick and sticky, but if mixture is too thin, add more marshmallows.
- In a large bowl, pour rice krispie cereal and sprinkles. Toss together to combine.
- Stir in melted marshmallow mixture. Using spatula, stir until everything is well coated.
- Pour out onto parchment paper lined baking dish or sheet. Using wet hands, pat rice krispie treats down.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes and then cut into bars.
One thought on “Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats”
How festive! 🍁🎃🍂