The Oklahoma State Fair is just around the corner, and with it comes my favorite fair food: caramel apples!
I always have a tough time deciding between caramel with sprinkles or caramel with nuts, but either way—caramel apples are exquisite. That’s why when I ran across this recipe, I couldn’t resist making it. It’s insanely good! It is everything I love about a dense bundt cake and the caramel-pecan topping is quite literally the icing on the cake!
This cake fits right into our Squash September fest because the batter also includes pureed pumpkin. Even though caramel apples are really rich, you can still taste the pumpkin & pumpkin spice amidst all of that flavor.
Caramel Apple Pumpkin Bundt Cake
A dense bundt cake made out of pumpkin and apples with a caramel & pecan topping.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 TBS. cinnamon
- 3 Gala apples, peeled, cored and diced (about 4 cups)
- Caramel sauce (like ice cream caramel topping)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, beat eggs, white sugar and brown sugar together until light in color and creamy. Add oil and vanilla and beat for another 1-2 minutes. Add pumpkin puree and continue beating for another minute.
- In a seperate medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add flour mixture into pumpkin mixture and mix just until combined. WARNING: DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Fold diced apples into the cake batter. Spray a bunndt pan with cooking spray and flour it well. Carefully pour batter into bundt pan and tap on counter to let out air bubbles.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let the cake cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Invert the bundt cake onto a serving platter and let cake cool for another 30 minutes.
- Once cake is cooled, drizzle caramel saue over the top and sprinkle pecans over cake.
Peel, core and chop apples into bite-sized pieces.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and both sugars together until light in color and creamy. Add vanilla, oil and pumpkin puree. Beat well.
Add pumpkin mix to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX. Add diced apples and mix until just combined.
Spray a bundt cake pan with cooking spray and then flour well—including the spout in the middle.
Carefully pour in batter and tap lightly on the counter to let out air bubbles. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cake cool on wire rack for 30 minutes. Invert cake onto serving platter and let cool there for another 30 minutes. Drizzle with caramel sauce and then sprinkle pecans over the top of the cake.
10 thoughts on “Caramel Apple Pumpkin Bundt Cake”
How perfect for fall. Great idea 🙂
Thanks! It’s like all of the best fall foods rolled into one…
Duuuuude. Dude. Dude. yes
I couldn’t have said it better myself.
This looks so gorgeous and sooooo delicious 🙂
Thanks! What you can barely see is the cake falling apart…it was super moist. But still delicious!
Great work! This looks delicious Leen!
Thanks so much! 🤗