I’ve taken some time off over the last few weeks while my family was down here in Oklahoma.
When I left this little corner of the internet, it was a mild spring-like environment down here in the Sooner state.
When I returned, it was like I was entering the fiery pits of hell.
I don’t know who turned the heater up to full blast, but it’s hot. Really hot. To add insult to injury, the humidity has been through the roof. That means every step you take outside you have to fight for a breath because the air is so thick and sticky.
I have left my oven alone the past few weekends. It’s way to dang hot to be adding anymore heat to my house. I made this baked blueberry oatmeal recipe when the temperatures were much more reasonable. It seems like ages ago when it was perfectly acceptable to bake in my house…
These were a nice little breakfast treat. I have a newfound love for blueberries (I never really liked them as a kid) and blueberry oatmeal is king in my opinion. If you’re willing and able to turn your oven on, I highly suggest making these for a quick and easy breakfast.
I used muffin liners because my muffin tins are not very anti-stick. If you have better muffin tins than I do, just spray and flour it before pouring in the batter.
Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
A simple, quick breakfast recipe for oatmeal and blueberry lovers.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and vanilla. Gradually add in Greek yogurt and bananas. Mash bananas while stirring so they combine with the other ingredients.
- Stir in milk, old fashioned oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Add blueberries to mixture and stir well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour oatmeal mixture into 12-cup muffin tin, filling each cup about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let muffins cool in tin for 5-10 minutes before turning out.