It’s the summer and that means quick meals in the kitchen.
Nobody wants to linger over a hot stove or oven when the sun is baring down on your home. It can reach triple digits fast here in Oklahoma (in fact, it’s going to be around 100 on Friday) and no matter how powerful your air conditioner is, any little bit of excess heat can make it feel unbearable.
I make sandwiches and salads quite often during the summer. Anything you can grab right out of the fridge and eat as a meal is the best during these dog days of summer.
I made this as a side dish the other day for some grilled pork chops and it was absolutely incredible. Do you have to turn the stove on? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes.
This dish cooks up quick. Don’t dilly-dally around while it’s cooking. This comes together faster than you can imagine.
If you really want to spice things up, season everything up with Tajin or another chile lime seasoning. I add a ton of it to my corn and zucchini. If you’re near a Trader Joe’s, grab a jar of the chile lime mayonnaise. That’s what I used for this recipe and it was so tasty.
Cheesy Garlic Zucchini & Corn
A zesty, flavorful side dish of corn and zucchini with Parmesan and chile lime seasoning.
- 2-3 zucchini, chopped
- 2-3 ears of corn, shucked and cut off the cob
- 2 TBS. olive oil
- 2 TBS. butter
- salt & pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Tajin or chile-lime seasoning, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup chile-lime mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn, salt, pepper and butter. Saute until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, zucchini, and Tajin. Saute for another 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in mayonnaise and Parmesan right before serving. Top with extra Tajin.