Oh boy. You really underestimate how much your oven heats up your home until you are baking all day.
I had to cook a bunch of recipes this weekend in the oven and got hot. I mean, really hot. I had to fan myself down a few times while wiping away little beads of sweat that started collecting above my brow.
The temperature hasn’t even cracked 90 degrees outside and yet my oven is already starting to overheat my kitchen?? This doesn’t bode well for the rest of the summer, which is bound to be a hot one.
I’ll probably be baking less over the next few months (I say that now and then I’ll find a casserole recipe I just HAVE to make). If there’s one thing I hate, it’s working in an overly hot kitchen for several hours at a time.
Here’s one of the last things I baked: buffalo chicken twice baked potatoes. I took a riff from a recipe I found on Pinterest then put my own twist on it. I didn’t have any blue cheese crumbles so I just topped it with melted mozzarella and stuffed the potatoes with a little bit of cream cheese.
These came out as perfection. I adore all things buffalo chicken, and the twice baked potatoes version is incredible. I could’ve eaten these for weeks if I had made a bunch.
Thankfully, my Costco potatoes are MASSIVE so one HALF of a potato is enough to fill you up. If you’re using smaller potatoes, serve both halves for each person.
Buffalo Chicken Twice Baked Potatoes
Spicy and creamy twice baked potatoes stuffed with buffalo chicken and cheese.
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 TBS. olive oil
- flaky sea salt
- 1.5 cups shredded cooked chicken (can use rotisserie chicken)
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 TBS. dry ranch seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place whole potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil on top and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
- Slice potatoes in half. Scoop out the inside of the potato, leaving 1/4″ rim around the edge.
- Place scooped out portion of potatoes into a large bowl with chicken. Add cream cheese, dry ranch seasoning mix, buffalo sauce and ranch dressing and stir until everything is well combined and slightly smooth.
- Spoon chicken-and-potato mixture back into potato shells. Top with shredded cheese and return to oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with more ranch dressing and buffalo sauce if desired.
3 thoughts on “Buffalo Chicken Twice Baked Potatoes”
those look tasty. sounds like you need to start making some grilled recipes to give your kitchen a chance to stay cooler
I need to buy a grill! My husband and I have been trying to save up to buy a nice one. One of these days…