Over the last several weeks, I’ve been revisiting some classic cookbooks in my collection.
I’ve got a massive collection so it’s nearly impossible to go through them all, but I like to peruse a few at a time to spark some inspriation for my weekly menus.
I’ve found quite a few good recipes from a Pillsbury recipe booklet I got around 10 years ago. I used it to come up with this recipe, too.
This is a classic comfort dish. It’s a casserole that’s incredibly easy to make. It also helps that it uses just a handful of ingredients.
On top of that, even the pickiest eaters will like this. It’s essentially just cheesy biscuits on top of chicken and cream of chicken soup. Who wouldn’t like any of that?
I really loved how this dish came together. It’s perfectly simple but extremely tasty. My husband also loved it. I made it for his lunches a few weeks ago and it was probably one of his favorites yet.
Chicken and Biscuits
Creamy chicken topped with garlic parmesan biscuits for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cubed
- 1 TBS. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can large buttermilk biscuits
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Season chicken with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook chicken until no longer pink, about 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large freezer bag, combine the Parmesan, garlic powder and paprika. Cut each biscuit into fourths and place into freezer bag with the cheese mixture. Seal and shake until biscuit pieces are well coated.
- Place biscuits on a greased baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Biscuits won’t be done, but you’ll cook them again.
- Once chicken is cooked through, stir in soup and milk. Let mixture come to a simmer then remove from heat.
- Pour chicken mixture into a square, greased baking dish. Top with biscuit pieces. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and crispy.