I meal prep lunches for my husband for the week every Sunday.
Sometimes he’ll get two meals to choose from, other times I just make one for the whole week.
It’s getting harder and harder to come up with new things to make him, though. I’ve done burrito bowls and chicken and rice a thousand times, and that can get old QUICK.
Luckily, I’ve been drawing some inspiration from Pinterest and cookbooks that I have in my collection. It’s been hard finding something new and fun, but I think I nailed it with this recipe.
We’ve had tacos a million times before, but we’ve never had taco PINWHEELS. The simple act of putting taco meat and cheese inside of pizza crust and baking it absolutely transforms a simple meal. Taco night just got a little more delicious in my house.
This recipe is extremely simple, but you need to follow one rule: don’t overfill your crust! I made that mistake and the meat was overflowing out of the crust. A thin layer of meat and cheese is all you need. You might end up with some extra taco meat; just refrigerate that and use it for nachos or burritos.
Baked Taco Pinwheels
Taco filling rolled into pizza dough for a delicious spin on taco night.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place parchment paper on the bottom of a large baking sheet.
- In a large skillet, brown ground meat over medium high heat until no longer pink. Drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water and let mixture cook for another 3-4 minutes. Let cool. 3.Roll out pizza dough onto a flat, clean surface. Make pizza dough into a rectangle.
- Spread taco meat into an even layer on dough. Top with cheese.
- Starting with the long edge of the dough, roll up tightly into a roll. Using a serrated knife, cut into 1″ slices, making about 12-14 rolls.
- Place taco rolls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve topped with salsa and sour cream.