Who’s here for a delicious buffalo chicken recipe?
Good, good. I’ve got a winner with this one.
If buffalo-style ANYTHING is your cup of tea, you’re in luck. I put as much buffalo and ranch flavor in this salad as I could.
Sorry, no blue cheese here. I thought about putting blue cheese crumbles inside, but I wanted to have a more ranch-style flavor. When given the choice of ranch or blue cheese, I will choose ranch every time.
If you haven’t gotten a big jug of ranch seasoning from Costco, you need to do so ASAP. This seasoning has saved my hide a few times. It tastes incredible on chicken, pasta, potatoes, you name it.
The ranch seasoning is a blessing in disguise. I highly recommend it.
Everything else about this recipe is incredibly simple. You just need some cooked quinoa, corn, sliced green onions, and your favorite buffalo sauce. You can serve it hot or cold (I preferred hot!).
Buffalo Chicken & Quinoa Salad
A zesty buffalo chicken salad with quinoa, corn, and green onions.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1 TBS. olive oil
- 3 TBS. ranch seasoning
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. water
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup cooked corn
- Diced avocados, for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken breast with 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning. Cook chicken until brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove to a plate to cool
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. In a small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, water, and remaining ranch seasoning.
- Shred cooled, cooked chicken. Add to a large bowl. Stir in corn, cooked quinoa, Greek yogurt ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, and green onions.
- Top salad with diced avocados and serve.