I’m ready to make salads upon salads this spring and summer.
The spring produce is out and ready for the taking. There’s nothing more refreshing during the hotter months of the year than a big ol’ bowl of salad. It’s especially helpful when you want to avoid overheating your house with the stove and the oven.
It’s not quite blazing hot outside, but it’s just cool enough to start thinking about salads and picnics and cookouts. Easter has come and gone and the next big holiday weekend, Memorial Day, will be here before you know it.
It’s officially time to start busting out the big salad bowls and lemonade pitchers.
I made this quick and easy lunch last week and aptly devoured it before going to work each day. It’s simple enough to make and offers a small twist on the classic Caesar salad.
Who knew stuffing a sald into a pita would be so good?
Enjoy this pita with some extra dressing for dipping or drizzling. Add extra Parmesan to your liking. Make sure you coat your chicken well in spices and seasonings and you’ll have a truly delectable lunch.
Chicken Caesar Salad Pitas
A simple lunch of chicken Caesar salad stuffed into a pita pocket.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. Herbes de Provence
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (I used a brown rice packet that you heat in the microwave)
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 1/4 cup Caesar salad dressing, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- 4-6 pita pockets, cut in half and opened up
- Season chicken with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Place into an air fryer and cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove from air fryer and let cool. (You can also cook chicken on a stovetop with a little bit of oil).
- Once chicken is cooled, slice up breast. Set aside while you make the salad.
- In a small bowl, toss chopped romaine with parmesan and Caesar dressing.
- Make the pita: stuff with brown rice and top with salad. Add sliced chicken last. Serve with extra Caesar dressing.