It’s a beautiful morning and I’m officially on vacation for the next 7 days!
I’ve got to start packing after I blog. I haven’t done a lick of packing! My husband and I are leaving as soon as he gets off work, so I’m under quite the time crunch.
I wanted to at least leave everyone with a fantastic breakfast recipe before I go. I made this last weekend and munched on it throughout the week. It was one of the few times my frittata came out PERFECT. It was fluffy, didn’t stick to the pan, and extremely flavorful.
The roasted tomatoes really pushed this recipe over the edge. They have a wonderful sweet and tangy flavor and make the perfect topping for this frittata. I absolutely recommend topping your next omelette, frittata or scramble with roasted tomatoes.
This recipe reminded me of a breakfast version of that viral TikTok feta pasta (with goat, cheese of course). It had similar flavors and was just as easy to make.
If you’ve never made a frittata before, I highly recommend it. It’s a wonderful way to start your day.
Goat Cheese & Roasted Tomato Frittata
A simple breakfast frittata with goat cheese, chives and roasted tomatoes.
- 2 TBS. olive oil, divided
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 3 green onions, minced
- Preheeat oven to 425 degrees. Place halved tomatoes into a baking dish. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until tomatoes are blistered. Remove to let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the frittata. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk with a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth. Stir in half of the goat cheese.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large, oven-proof skillet. Add green onions and half of the chives and saute for 1-2 minutes. Pour in eggs and stir once, then remove from heat. Top with remaining chives and goat cheese.
- Bake frittata at 425 degrees for 7-14 minutes. Edges will be golden but middle will still be slightly jiggly. Top frittata with roasted tomatoes and extra chvies.
One thought on “Goat Cheese & Roasted Tomato Frittata”
What a delicious way to begin the day! 😋🌿