I’m still over here trying to use up all of my couscous. It’s been weeks and the stuff never runs out!
I’ve been getting creative in the kitchen trying to come up with ways to use the little pasta pearls. I’ve done main dishes, side dishes, and now salads. I refuse to buy any other pasta until I’m completely out of couscous. It’s just another way I’m working to conserve of our food and our money during the pandemic.
I thought a nice “pasta” salad would use up the bulk of my couscous stock. I was right. I’ve got a big bowl of delicious pasta salad waiting for me in the fridge now. Pasta salad doesn’t just have to be for parties and get-togethers. Although it makes a lot, it’s good to have in your fridge to nibble on or to serve with lunch or dinner.
I like the nibbling part. When you’re feeling a snack, why not a mini-bowl of pasta salad? This pasta salad truly has everything in it: feta, olives, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, cucumber, fresh herbs…it’s a real treat.
This recipe is pretty self-explanatory. There’s not really any difficult parts to it and it comes together in a jif. It’s a wonderful recipe to make on these hot summer days.
It will last up to 7 days in the fridge, but the first couple of days are the best. Store it in an airtight container so it keeps longer.
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
A quick and easy pasta salad with Mediterranean flair.
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, minced
- 1 TBS. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 TBS. fresh mint, chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 TBS. red wine vinegar
- 2 TBS. olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Cook couscous according to package instructions. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, garbanzo beans, onion, feta, kalamata, parsley and mint together. Add cooked couscous and toss again.
- Stir in juice and zest of one lemon, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and serve.
Cook couscous according to package instructions. Let cool.
In a large bowl, toss tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, garbanzo beans, onion, feta, kalamata, parsley and mint together. Add cooked couscous and toss again. Stir in juice and zest of one lemon, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and serve.