Have you ever had Wing Stop?
Have you ever tried their garlic-parmesan or lemon pepper wings?
Those are my two favorite flavors of wings and nobody seems to do them as well as Wing Stop. They’re so crispy and flavorful and absolutely crave-worthy. I dream of those chicken wings in my sleep…
I tried to mimic the lemon pepper wings for this chicken recipe. All I had to work with were chicken breasts, so I cut them in half and pounded them out thin to make cutlets.
After that, I scoured my haphazard spice cabinet for my lemon pepper seasoning. I’m sure it’s easy to make your own with fresh cracked pepper and citric acid, but I didn’t have time for that.
I found the large bottle of Lawry’s lemon pepper seasoning and dumped a good portion of it in with my panko breadcrumbs. I’ve found panko breadcrumbs crisp up the best in my air fryer.
For an extra layer of lemon flavoring, I zested one lemon into olive oil to dredge the chicken in. This is the first time I’ve ever used olive oil as part of my dredging routine. I usually use an egg wash or milk wash. The olive oil was strange, but it kept the chicken extra moist on the inside. I highly recommend doing it.
After air-frying my chicken for a few minutes they were perfect. The lemon pepper flavor came through in every bite. The chicken was moist on the inside and crispy on the outside. A truly delicious experience.
Crispy Lemon Pepper Chicken
Zesty lemon pepper chicken with an extra crispy coating.
- 1 lb. chicken breast, pounded thin
- 3 TBS. olive oil
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 TBS. lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil with lemon zest.
- In another medium sized bowl, stir together flour, panko, salt and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Dip chicken in oil mixture and coat all over. Dredge in panko mixture until well coated. Shake off any excess lightly.
- Place chicken in an air fryer and cook for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
One thought on “Crispy Lemon Pepper Chicken”
Crispy translates to “no leftovers”. 😍