I’m loving all of the fall and winter vegetables.
The grocery store had a huge array of different gourds yesterday. They also had plenty of turnips, parsnips and rutabagas, to boot. I love a good roasted vegetable dish, so I’m all in when it comes to winter veg.
One thing I love to eat this time of year is Brussels sprouts. They’re so tasty roasted or air fried, I could eat a pound of them in one sitting!
Instead of just eating them by themselves (which is totally acceptable, don’t get me wrong) I decided to throw them into a winter salad. The end result: absolutely incredible.
The best Brussels sprout is one that’s charred on the outside. When you roast it, make sure you get that dark brown coating on the outer leaves. That gives the Brussels sprout a more intense and delectable flavor.
If it isn’t slightly charred, it won’t be nearly as good. A little char, or burn, makes most things better.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Kale Salad
A delicious fall salad with crispy Brussels sprouts, roasted delicata squash, cranberries, pecans and kale.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place delicata squash and Brussels sprouts on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over the veggies. Toss until well coated.
- Season squash and Brussels sprouts with salt and pepper and garlic powder.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes or until squash is soft and sprouts are lightly charred.
- Make the dressing: whisk together honey, mayonnaise, remaining tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice and mustard in a small bowl or jar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the salad: top kale with pecans, cranberries, apple, Parmesan cheese and roated squash and Brussels sprouts. Drizzle dressing on top and toss.
One thought on “Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad”