I’ve gotten used to having a meatless meal ready to go every week. It’s a nice change of pace from the normal meat-and-potatoes entree.
Instead, potatoes are sometimes the MAIN dish at dinner. Such is the case with this recipe: sweet potato minestrone.
This is a typical minestrone (with pasts and veggies) with sweet potatoes instead of any meat or beans.
I scarfed this soup down in a hurry, it’s that good. You can easily serve it by itself or with a grilled cheese sandwich (which I recommend).
Sweet Potato Minestrone
A meatless minestrone that makes sweet potatoes the star of the soup.
- In a large stock pot, melt butter over medium high heat. Add onion and saute until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, water, vegetable broth, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Stir in pasta and peas. Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach (if desired). Remove from heat. Serve soup topped with Parmesan cheese.
One thought on “Sweet Potato Minestrone”