August is already off to a jam-packed start. We’ve been slammed at work over the last week and a half, and in a few days I’ll be off on a vacation for a week and a half.
To say it’s needed is an understatement. It’s not just work bogging me down right now, there are also some life things that are getting extremely heavy extremeley fast.
The kitchen is quickly turning into a sanctuary if sorts. I find myself less stressed while cooking and more in-tune with what is going on. It’s been so darn hot lately, though, I’ve been having to make more salads and less “cooked” meals.
The late-summer drag is the perfect time to use rotisserie chicken in recipes. The less cooking you have to do, the better. I grabbed a box of pre-shredded rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and went to town with the stuff. Not having to slave over a hot stove makes overpriced, pre-cooked chicken well worth it.
This salad is so delicious. It’s refreshing on a hot summer day, it’s got all the best things you can put in a salad (tons of cheese, hello) and it’s perfect for these dog days of summer.
Mediterranean Chicken Zoodle Salad
A zesty, refreshing zoodle salad with chicken, feta, cucumber, artichokes, olives and sun-dried tomatoes in a tangy dressing.
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 English cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 cup marinated mushrooms, whole
- 4 TBS. red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 TBS. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- In a large bowl, combine spiralized zucchini, chicken, cucumber, olives, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, mushrooms, arugula and feta.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, oregano, basil, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve.
In a large bowl, combine spiralized zucchini, chicken, cucumber, olives, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, mushrooms, arugula and feta. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, oregano, basil, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve.