Fried Cabbage Slaw
Tasty fried cabbage with bacon and carrots.
- 1 large head of cabbage, shredded
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 6 strips of bacon, chopped into pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- In a large pot, cook bacon on medium-high heat until crispy. Remove from pot to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Add onion and carrot to bacon drippings and saute until tender over medium-high heat, about 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in shredded cabbage, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage cooks down, about 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in bacon and serve.