There are many different recipes that will come in and out of your life that hold a significant meaning.
My mom’s potato salad is one of those. She’s been making it since I was born, and it’s such a classic recipe for our family get-togethers.
I’ve made her recipe a handful of times, but I like to switch up my potato salad recipes every now and then. It’s fun to experiment with different flavors and ingredients.
I’ll always cherish her recipe, though. Steadfast family recipes are good to have in your recipe box.
This lemon & herb potato salad goes back to the basics. The dressing is simply lemon juice, olive oil, and fresh cut herbs. The potatoes are a mix of mini gemstone potatoes, but you could easily swap them out for small red potatoes.
I love how this recipe came together. It’s vibrant and oozes spring-time flavors BIG TIME. The fresh herbs really brighten up the dish.
Lemon & Herb Potato Salad
A simple, fresh potato salad recipe with asparagus and fresh herbs.
- 1 lb. baby potatoes (gemstone or red), cleaned and cut in half
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped chives
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- Heat a pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and boil until fork-tender, about 6-8 minutes. Right before draining, throw in asparagus to blanch for 1 minute.
- Drain potatoes and asparagus and let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: in a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly add in fresh herbs. When potatoes and asparagus are cooled, add to dressing bowl. Toss until well coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2 thoughts on “Lemon & Herb Potato Salad”
Gotta have potatoes. Sooo yummy in my tummy. 😋🌿🥔
The best part of spring/summer!