I’ve eaten the same breakfast for more than a year now.
2 eggs. 1 slice of cheese. 2 slices of whole wheat bread. Make a sandwich, then repeat.
I’m a creature of habit, I suppose. I like to have a routine in the mornings. If I don’t, I’ll just lay on the couch and not get up for most of the morning.
I’ve made plenty of other breakfasts throughout the past year, but those are usually relegated to the weekends. I’ll also experiment with breakfasts for my husband (hello, overnight oats phase). When push comes to shove, though, I’ll make an egg sandwich and be perfectly content.
These egg cups are one of those “experimental” breakfasts I made this weekend. I’ve made egg cups numerous times, but they’re a pain to clean up. No matter how well I spray my muffin tin, the eggs will ALWAYS stick. I don’t know if I just need a new tin or what?? Seriously, if anyone has any insight in how to keep eggs from sticking to a muffin tin, send them my way.
The eggs stuck to my pan again this time, but it was almost worth it. This recipe is absolutely delightful. It’s the epitome of a savory breakfast (my favorite) and the perfect bite for the morning. Cooking the eggs in the turkey bacon rounds gave them extra flavor.
You can add whatever mix-ins you want to this. I had some leftover tomatoes from the 4th of July, so I stirred that in with some spinach and cheddar cheese. Keep it simple, or make it elaborate, it’s up to you. The world is your oyster.
Or in this case, the world is your egg cup.
Turkey Bacon Egg Cups
A healthy way to start your day with turkey bacon, eggs and veggies.
- 6 eggs
- 1 TBS. heavy cream
- 12 slices of turkey bacon
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1.5 cups spinach, roughly torn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt and pepper until light and frothy (about 2 minutes of non-stop whisking). Stir in cheddar cheese, spinach and tomatoes.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Place one strip of turkey bacon around the outer edge of the muffin tin, forming a border of turkey bacon on each tin.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop the egg mixture and pour inside each turkey bacon ring.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 25 minutes or until eggs are set. Let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before turning out. Use a butter knife to separate the bacon from the tin to help get the egg cups out.
One thought on “Turkey Bacon Egg Cups”
Breakfast is served. 😋🌿