It gets harder and harder to think of new keto meals when you’re on this diet and write for a food blog.
You don’t want to do the same thing everyone else does. Those same recipes that pop up time and time again on Pinterest. The same cheese & meat mixture for dinner. The heavy emphasis on fat and fatty meats.
But after doing it for so long, it gets increasingly more difficult to think of new recipes. What can I make that’s different? How can I adapt this non-keto recipe into one that fits the diet? What does this ingredient list look like on the back?
It’s tough. Tough sticking to something and even tougher adapting with it.
This recipe is probably one you’ve seen before. It’s a keto dieters dream: cheese, ranch, and bacon. It’s the classic chicken, bacon, ranch combo with some broccoli to make it a meal. It’s not fancy. It’s not unusual. It’s just something simple, classic, and fitting.
It fits the bill and it’s a meal that will work in a pinch.
Everyone loves chicken, bacon, and ranch—especially people on a low-carb diet. This meal is filling and hits you in all the right places at all the right times. It maybe boring, but it’s a good kind of boring.
Chicken Bacon Ranch & Broccoli Casserole
A cheesy, bacon-filled casserole with chicken, broccoli and ranch dressing.
- 6-8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together broccoli florets, ranch dressing, cheddar, mozzarella, bacon crumbles and chicken.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13×9″ baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together broccoli florets, ranch dressing, cheddar, mozzarella, bacon crumbles and chicken. Pour mixture into a greased 13×9″ baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes.