I’ve been craving iceberg lettuce lately.
I know, iceberg doesn’t have a taste. But there’s nothing that has its refreshing crunch.
It’s the best lettuce to use on burgers, sandwiches, and wraps. Hands down. It has very little nutritional value and is just basically water packaged into a lettuce leaf, but it’s the most refreshing thing to munch on after a hot day.
We’ve been working outside a lot lately now that spring has sprung. The ground around our house is so fertile we could probably afford to mow it TWICE a week. I’ve been digging out overgrown flower beds, burning limbs and dead rose bush stems, and trying to get rid of our massive weed infestation.
Even if it’s 70 degrees outside, if you’re out doing hard work in the sun you’re going to sweat. It’s nice to take a lunch break and have something as refreshing as a wrap made with iceberg lettuce.
I came up with this wrap recipe after pulling random things out of my fridge and pantry. That’s the best way to make wraps or sandwiches: use whatever you have on hand. All together, this recipe really hit the nail on the head. The flavors are incredible and it’s a great lunch to eat after a hard morning of work.
Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Turkey Wrap
A simple wrap with a sun-dried tomato aioli and fresh basil.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. capers
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (rinse off any oil if they’re oil-packed)
- 4 tortillas or wheat wraps
- 1/2 lb. deli sliced turkey
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Handful of fresh basil
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded or sliced
- In a resealable container, stir together mayonnaise, capers, lemon juice and sun-dried tomatoes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Build your wraps: Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the sun-dried tomato aioli onto a tortilla. Top with some turkey, a slice of provolone, a handful of iceberg lettuce and two leaves of basil. Roll up ends and then roll the edge like a burrito. Cut in half and serve.
3 thoughts on “Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Turkey Wrap”
sounds tasty. glad you are enjoying working outside.
“Enjoying” it might be a stretch 😭 but it is nice to see a better looking lawn once you’re done!
Wraps make lunchtime special, in my opinion. 🌯